Situations That Require the Expertise of a Commercial Electrician

Generally, commercial electrical problems are similar to those of residential homes, except on a much larger scale. Businesses, even the smallest ones, have many more electrical wires and outlets. Additionally, since the entire business operation may depend on electrical devices (computers, printers, cash registers, etc.), fixing an electrical issue on time is imperative. For this reason, every business owner must have the number of a professional commercial electrician on speed dial.

Power spikes and power surges
Energy spikes are very brief spurts of excessive power. Power surges also cause excessive voltage, but for a longer period of time. Both of these problems can be generated externally or internally. External surges and spikes are usually caused by disturbances in the main power line. These disturbances can be an approaching storm, lightning, or a problem with the external transformer.

Internal spikes are mostly caused by high-power electrical devices, such as HVAC systems, motors, power tools, etc. It’s important to mention that these devices can cause disturbances in the electrical network even when they are not malfunctioning. In other words, it’s not the device’s fault that your system experiences energy spikes – the culprit is the system itself.

Power dips
Power dips are caused when high voltage items or major appliances are turned on. Since most electrical devices require more energy when they start than when they operate, your system may suffer a short loss of electricity. This can be indicated by dimming lights or temporary loss of power.

Power spikes, surges, and dips can cause severe damage to commercial equipment. In order to avoid such problems, you need to hire a licensed commercial electrician to inspect your building’s electrical system and come up with a solution to your problem. Woods Electric Contractor is one of the most reputable electrical service providers in Sacramento, CA. If you’re looking for a true electrician, then all you have to do is dial (916) 245-2716.